Specialist Parkinson’s Care at Home
Parkinson’s is a progressive neurological condition that affects motor skills, speech and other functions. People who get Parkinson’s often experience tremors, rigidity and slowness of movement. They can also experience non-motor symptoms affecting sleep, mood and memory. At Carefound Home Care we are passionate about supporting elderly people with Parkinsons care to remain in the comfort of their own homes where they can enjoy the highest quality of life possible.
Our one-to-one Parkinson’s home care service is available as either hourly care (1 hour to 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, including sleepover night care and waking night care) or full-time live-in care.
Expertise Based on Parkinsons UK Training
At Carefound Home Care we are experienced in providing specialist Parkinson’s care at home. We firmly believe that offering people who live with Parkinson’s the opportunity to remain in the familiarity of their own home with tailored support from a trusted home carer enables them to retain independence and a high quality of life.
All of our professional home carers receive specialist training from Parkinson’s UK, including understanding and supporting symptoms such as speech problems, slowness of movement, tremors and reduced mobility. They also receive separate training in medication management ensuring that they are competent in supporting clients’ personalised medication regimes.
Key aspects of our specialist Parkinson’s home care service include:
- A full assessment of care needs through which we seek to understand all aspects of the support to be provided such as daily routines, likes / dislikes, medication, mobility, personal care and mental health
- A fully personalised plan of care bespoke to you and your family
- A professional home carer, trained by the leading Parkinson’s charity Parkinson’s UK, to provide the support needed on either an hourly or live in care basis
- Regular reviews and communication ensuring that needs are met as the condition changes and develops
- Liaison and collaboration with other health and social care professionals such as a Parkinson’s nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, continence nurse or dietitian
- Ongoing support from a local management team
If you would like to speak with us or learn more about our specialist Parkinson’s care service please contact our friendly team today on 01423 774070 (Yorkshire) or 01625 326470 (Cheshire) or fill in the form here and we’ll call you back.
“Health and social care professionals can make a big difference to the quality of life for somebody living with Parkinson’s – both directly and for the carers around them. It’s great to be able to support Carefound Home Care in delivering our Parkinson’s training to their home care team which covers both the practical and emotional issues of daily life with the condition.”
Gail Creswick, Education and Training Officer at Parkinson’s UK Yorkshire
In This Section
Why Choose Us?
- Fully Regulated by the CQC
- Experts in Elderly Care at Home
- Individually Tailored Care
- Fully Managed 24/7 Support
- Professional Home Care Team
- Locally Owned and Managed